Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Our Story: The Beginning pt. 1

Many people ask us how we came to be together. So much so in fact that we have decided to develop this blog to chronicle what God has done and continues to do in our lives. We pray you are blessed by it.

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the Lord." - Proverbs 18: 22

Roscoe is the love of my life. Each day that goes by I realize that our union together was paid for with sacrifice. As single adults, we refused to settle for anything less than what God had in store for us. What you see is a result of our tenacity.

I was born and raised in the church. My mother and father always kept me and my three sisters heavily involved in the church. Growing up as a pre-teen we were told to be abstinent. This message was usually pressed more heavily on girls than boys. When I was thirteen I made some strong commitments to God and decided that I was going to abstain from sex until marriage in order to honor God with my life and the body He gave me. This was not a decision I made for my family, friends, or church. It was strictly between me and God. The road was tough but God graced me throughout the process.

At that time I made a list of the man I desired to marry and kept it's contents in my heart. At 15 years old, I constantly got lost in romantic drama's and comedies like Runaway Bride, A Walk Through the Clouds, etc. I silently told God that I would like for my future husband to not only ask my parents for my hand in marriage but to ask permission to court me. It was a request I soon forgot about until years later.

As time wore on, I found myself a 25 year old woman with no prospects and no sex. Sometimes it burned me deeply but I believed in the man that God had promised me and no one else would experience that special moment with me but my husband. My list became more and more refined until one day the holy spirit chidded me to make sure that all the things I asked of my future husband were areas I had met myself. The emphasis was placed on my relationship with God. I began to seek God and give him my loneliness. In my 25 years, I had only one relationship that had lasted 3 months. I wanted to wait and he didn't. Deep down I knew that I could not maintain abstinence with him. It was my first bout with what I thought was heart break...

Copyright (c) 2013. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment